Sunday, March 9, 2008

Brides against Breast Cancer


March 7-8, 2008, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
On Saturday, March 8, I (along with 6 of my fabulous and hard working students) had the pleasure of volunteering at the Brides against Breast Cancer Gown sale (www.makingmemories.org) . This took place at the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale. We had the entire ballroom full of beautiful designer dresses ranging in prices of $99 up to $2000. With all proceeds going towards finding the cure for breast cancer, it was a delightful experience helping brides finding the "one". Within 2 hours of the show we had already sold 2 dresses and had 10 brides in the dressing room. It was very exciting to know that my students and I were having fun while helping out the community.
This is definately a great bargain for the brides and I feel it allows them to feel good about the purchase knowing that the proceeds go towards good use. I look forward to continue volunteering my time and expertise.
This event was coordinated by the very talented Lori Patterson from a Memorable Affair and Liz Gomez from Liz Gomez Events. Thank you ladies for being active and for allowing this event to place!

No comments: